The Late Late Show Poses As An 11 Year Old Girl.
If you missed the Late Late Show on Friday night, you’ve probably heard about it! Ryan Tubridy and the Production team at RTE set up a fake account as an 11 year old girl called “Aoife” on the social media site Kik.
Tubridy was discussing the dangers of social media for children all last week in the wake of a 26 year man from Dublin old being sentenced to 9 & 1/2 years in prison for grooming a number of young children online.
On The Late Late show, Ryan discussed the app Kik in which the features include the following;
- Anonymously allows users to send messages
- Share Pictures and Videos
- Anonymously receive images
Kik Social Media App…
Although the creators of Kik announced that they are putting funding into the app to make it safer for users, this is simply not enough to stop the apps dangerous effects reaching children.
The application allows you to send and receive anonymous messages, photos and videos. Not only has Kik app has caused quite the stir among young people and their peers, it has also reached schools, forcing schools to send home letters warning parents about the app.
In addition to the app being a huge risk to children being exposed to strangers online, Kik is also responsible for a wave in cyber bullying. The app allows groups to be set up and make comments anonymous.
As a result of this, one can understand why schools are cautious about this and parents should be also.
With iKydz, you can easily block and filter inappropriate websites and apps from your children’s devices.
Warning – Some viewers may find this video disturbing.
— The Late Late Show (@RTELateLateShow) January 26, 2018
iKydz Helps Parents Keep Their Kids Safe Online
With iKyds, parents can:
- Block and filter content
- Block social media apps
- Schedule or restrict internet access
- Schedule social media access
- Shutdown internet for specific devices
- View online history
- Give reports to parents about apps and websites and time that has been spent on them
iKydz is a simple smart device and app that lets you easily manage all internet security and safety for your kids both at home and when they are mobile.
- Single smart device & app; one simple smart device & one app that let you manage all other connected devices in your home
- Easy to use; plug iKydz into your home router & download the app to your phone. No technical knowledge required.
- Manage all devices from your phone; control internet access & content to every device; phones, tablets, gaming consoles, TVs. All from your phone from anywhere in the world.
- Tamper-proof; kids are tech-savvy so we’ve made iKydz tamper-proof. There is no way around it.
You do not need to be a computer genius to use iKydz. Our support team are available daily and we are always on hand to give you everything you need to protect your children while they use the Internet.