Check out our current opportunities below:
We are looking for an experienced Lead Developer to lead a growing team of software engineers. This is very much a hands-on contributor role and the successful candidate will be expected to contribute to the coding effort.
iKydz is the ultimate digital parenting tool that helps parents to easily manage their kids’ online time. The successful candidate will be part of a development team creating and supporting code in a full stack environment and used by clients throughout the world.
- Creating and executing development plans and revising as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Reviewing work of the development team
- Quickly recognising system deficiencies and implementing effective solutions
- Ensuring that technical teams are contributing to our code library
- Owning the development lifecycle and responsible for managing technical risks
- Maintaining high quality assurance standards that support the company’s commitment to customer satisfaction and launching superior products
- Coaching for performance – assisting in the development and mentoring staff to help them achieve their goals and performance objectives.
- Assisting in the recruitment and selection of prospective team members; assimilation of new people into the organisation and managing team issues and problems in a constructive and professional manner
- Ensure alignment with enterprise technology standards (e.g. solution patterns, application frameworks, technology roadmaps)
- Stay aligned with Emerging Technologies and Industry Best Practices
What you’ll need
- An agile perspective – when to apply it and when not to
- 3+ years of prior Senior/Lead Developer experience and ability to manage teams
- Bachelor’s degree in related fields or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as PHP, Python, Java, Node.js
We are looking for a great Frontend Web Developer with a creative flair. We want you to design, develop and maintain our corporate, customer and product websites. Working with our development and marketing teams, you’ll need to be a self-starter with sharp HTML and CSS skills and an in-depth understanding of WordPress and eCommerce platforms.
We’re a fast-moving start-up environment with new and exciting challenges around every corner! Don’t forget that this is a design and development role, so you should have experience doing both.
What you need for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related fields
- At least 3 years of web development experience
- Strong frontend developer skills
- Proven experience with WordPress, including modifying and/or creating custom WordPress themes and dealing with multi-site installs
- Comfortable working with source control programs such as Git
- Good eye for design, including an eye for good typography, composition, and use of colour
- Strong knowledge of UI design principles
- Bonus for mobile experience
We are iKydz. Our award-winning cloud based IOT solutions are designed for parents around the world to help them to manage their kids’ online time. We have clients around the world. This position is based in our Dublin office.
We are currently looking to recruit a junior software engineer for a challenging development role. The successful candidate will assist the ikydz product team in researching and implementing new features, enhancing and improving existing functionality and providing 3rd level support for customer support issues.
The key responsibilities and skills for the development role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work on new and existing application within the iKydz Suite
- Perform hands-on coding, trouble shooting and assist in architecting solutions within the iKydz cloud platform
- Work on new and existing applications within the iKydz Suite
- May serve as a liaison to internal customers and various business support areas.
Skills & Experience
Reporting to the iKydz Development Manager, the candidate will join the Cloud Product Development Team in providing both internal and external software releases. The successful candidate will be expected to have excellent communication skills with the ability to research application technology areas and share same between team members. As an integral part of the team, the candidate must be a team player with key attributes such as flexibility, self-motivation and a proactive attitude.
- A bachelor’s degree 2.1 level qualification or equivalent degree in a technical discipline such as Software Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or Maths
- 1+ years of experience in software development.
- Ability to learn and adapt to continuously changing technology.
- Clear understanding of Object Oriented Programming, Data Structures and Tiered software architecture.
- Must have passion for development and a broad base of current technologies.
- Eager to learn new skills and take ownership of projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- The software developer must have a good working knowledge in the following technologies: PHP, Java, mySql, Ubuntu
- Knowledge of any of the following technologies would be an advantage: MVC, JQuery, CSS/LESS, REST API.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.