How to install iKydz Mobile on Android
Getting started with iKydz Mobile is easy. Just follow these simple instructions:
1. Purchase your subscription QR Code online or in-store:
Buy your iKydz Mobile subscription online – one subscription lets you manage up to 3 mobile devices:
Purchase in-store at your nearby retailer:
2. On The Parent Phone – Register your details with iKydz
- Download the iKydz App from the Google Play Store (for Android) or The App Store (for iOS)
- Open the App and register as a new iKydz customer, or if you are an existing customer, just Login
- Go to the Mobile menu and use the ‘Scan’ button to scan your purchased iKydz Mobile QR Code
- You will now see your Mobile menu has been populated with 3 x ‘Activate Your Child’s Device‘ slots.
- Click on one of the ‘Activate Child’s Device’ slots.
- Choose the ‘Android’ option
- Use the in-app instructions on how to prepare your child’s device and install “SaferK”
3. On The Child’s Phone – Install SaferK
Note; A factory reset is required on the Child Device in order for the Parent to have full ownership. Please ensure to backup the device before factory reset
- Backup the data on the Child’s Phone
- Now perform a factory reset
- Once the phone reboots and before you personalise the device, on the very first screen that welcomes you and asks to choose a language, tap on the screen about 7 or 8 times
- This will open a QR Reader
- If you are asked to connect to a Wi-Fi network first then do so.
- Once you have connected, the QR Reader will open the camera on your child’s phone
- You can now scan QR Code in Step 2 of the installation guide on the Parent iKydz App
- After scanning on the Child Device, follow the instructions to install SaferK
- The camera will eventually open on the Child Device to scan the final QR Code
- This final QR Code will be generated in Step 3 of the installation guide on the Parent iKydz App
- Once you have scanned the final QR Code, finally, reboot the Child Device to complete the installation and the association of the Child Device with the Parent’s iKydz Account
Your setup is now complete.
Your kid’s mobile phone will appear on the MOBILE tab of your iKydz app. You can now begin to create & apply your filters and schedules to your child’s device.
How to Backup and Reset
You can use the links below to find out how to backup your Child’s Device and conduct a Factory Reset.
Backup; Click here
Reset; Click here
Do you want us to setup iKydz for you?
If you want some help to get iKydz installed and set up quickly, then just purchase our remote installation service.
1. Purchase your Installation Service here:
2. Then book your appointment online: