How to setup iKydz Pro
Getting started with iKydz Pro is easy. Just follow these simple instructions:
1. Connect your iKydz Pro unit to your router
- Connect one end of the white network cable into the WAN Port of the iKydz Pro unit
- Then connect the other end of the white network cable into any Ethernet/LAN Port of your router
- Next, connect the small end of the the supplied USB power cable into the ‘Power’ port of the iKydz Pro unit
- Then, connect the larger end of the same power cable into the USB adaptor plug and plug into a nearby socket.
- The iKydz network is now available
2. Register with iKydz
- Using your mobile phone, download the iKydz App from the Google Play Store (for Android) or The App Store (for iOS)
- Open the App and login using the credentials that were emailed to you after point of purchase
- Click on the ‘Wi-Fi’ tab on the iKydz App and click ‘Register Your iKydz Unit’
- You will be taken to a page where you will login and enter the MAC Address of the iKydz unit
- The MAC Address can be found on the label at the bottom of the iKydz unit. The format is 1a2b3c4d5e6f
- This will associate the box with your account.
- Allow a couple of minutes for your unit to reboot and complete registration
- Once all LED Lights are solid, you can then begin to connect the children’s devices to the iKydz network
3. Connect your children’s devices
- Connect your children’s devices to the iKydz network the same way as any other network (the default password is “ikydzwifi“and you can change this at any time – Click here to find out how to change the WIFI password).
- Change the password to your home WiFi as well as the password to access your home router settings.
- If your router has a WPS button, please contact your internet service provider to disable this button as it allows for any device to connect to your router without knowing the password.
It sometimes looks like two black, white or green arrows in an oval shape or is labelled WPS.
Additionally, the WPS button is known to have security flaws and should be disabled as a security measure.
Your setup is now complete.
Your kids’ devices will appear on the WIFI tab of your app as you connect them. You can now begin to create & apply your filters and schedules to your children’s devices.